Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Biohazard cleanup is a special situation that requires the expertise that SERVPRO of Braun Station Franchise professionals can offer. Did you know that if you have exposure to biological or chemical contaminants your healthy could be at risk? Don't risk yourself, contact a company that has the experience to safely remove these substances. Failing to properly remove such substances from your San Antonio home or office can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. SERVPRO of Braun Station in San Antonio is trained to safely remove biohazards and chemical contaminants. We understand that there is no warning when it comes to when these might need to be removed, and that is why we offer these services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (210) 267-2159
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Braun Station has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- San Antonio
- Leon Valley
- Braun Station