Which Cleaning Products Can Help with Fire Damage Restoration?
Smoke and soot travel and reach the remote parts of your home. SERVPRO is always available to restore your fire damage.
SERVPRO has the Tools to Help San Antonio Homeowners
The thought of cleaning after a fire is a daunting one. Soot has a way of coating all kinds of surfaces to leave your home looking black and beyond repair. However, please do not despair – SERVPRO technicians have the tools to help.
If you need fire damage restoration in your San Antonio home, we suggest that you do not start cleaning yourself. It is better to wait for the professionals because we have access to highly effective cleaning products that are not sold in regular stores. We also train our teams on using various products to minimize the risk of damage to your home.
Our repertoire of cleaning products includes:
- Dry cleaning solvents are ideal for cleaning drapes or any other materials that cannot withstand wet cleaning.
- Wood oil soaps to clean finished wood surfaces such as chairs and tables.
- Carpet cleaners to restore your floor coverings after fire damage.
- Volatile dry solvents to remove soot from fabrics.
If you need the right cleaning products for fire damage restoration, call SERVPRO of Braun Station at (210) 267-2159.
Can You Save Your Restaurant Carpets after Water Mitigation?
Water leaks can close your restaurant. SERVPRO knows how to dry your floors while causing the least amount of impact to your business.
SERVPRO Helps San Antonio Restaurateurs Dry Their Rugs
If you suffer a leak on your restaurant premises, you want to salvage as much of the interior décor as possible. After all, it costs money to replace drapes and carpets, so it is better to clean them if you can.
SERVPRO trains our technicians to handle every aspect of water mitigation in San Antonio restaurants, including dealing with water-damaged carpets. Several factors affect whether we can salvage carpeting:
- How much water soaked into the carpet.
- Whether the carpet is delaminated (the secondary backing separated from the primary backing.)
- Are any contaminants present in the water.
When we arrive, our first step is extracting water from the floor covering. Then, if your carpet is salvageable, our team can take care of cleaning and drying it. We have a range of carpet cleaning tools available, and we also have air movers and fans ready to help dry the rug out.
The time since the incident occurred is also a deciding factor, so it is essential to call SERVPRO as soon as you notice water damage. Contact SERVPRO of Braun Station at (210) 267-2159.
Do You Need a Fire Restoration Service in San Antonio?
When it comes to your possessions, we try to restore over replace. We have the cleaners to clean and restore your family treasurers.
SERVPRO Takes the Stress Out of Fire Cleanup
San Antonio is undoubtedly one of the most iconic cities in Texas. It is one of the earliest Spanish colonies in the state. Settlers first saw the area when an explorer named Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca landed there in 1536. Native people briefly captured him, and during his time there saw the river that would be called the San Antonio River. He reported back to colleagues in Mexico City.
Spanish settlers founded missions and built forts in the area, and the missions grew until San Antonio was the largest Spanish settlement in Texas. During the Texas Rebellion, several pivotal battles took place in or near San Antonio. The United States annexed Texas in 1845. After the civil war, many Anglo settlers learned the traditional Mexican and Spanish herding techniques that were popular among Spanish and Mexican immigrants. San Antonio became a famous center of cattle culture and spawned a whole new generation of cowboys. By 1850, San Antonio was the largest city in Texas.
Today, San Antonio is a buzzing modern city that is still growing. Reminders of the past are all around, but you can find all mod cons too.
See the Historical Sites of San Antonio
As you can imagine, San Antonio is full of exciting and historical places. Why not start with:
- The Alamo, formally known as The Alamo Mission, is one of America's most popular tourist sites, welcoming more than four million people a year. You can visit the chapel and the long barracks or stop by the museum to see the artifacts.
- San Antonio Missions National Park preserves the city's other four Spanish frontier missions and includes green parkland and a visitor's center.
- The Ethel Wilson Harris House is the former home of Ethel Wilson Harris, an artist, and conservationist. Robert Harris designed the house in 1956, and it is an excellent example of modern architecture.
Family Fun at San Antonio's Attractions
San Antonio boasts plenty of modern attractions too. Kids are sure to love:
- Morgan's Wonderland is the first completely accessible theme park in the world. Morgan's Wonderland includes fairground rides, a fishing lake, gardens, and an amphitheater. Guests with special needs go free, while other guests or caregivers pay only a small fee.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas includes plenty of rides for thrill-seekers. Rides include Scream, a twenty-story tower ride, the SkyScreamer sky ride, the Crow's Nest Ferris wheel, and the Superman: Krypton roller coaster. There are sit-down restaurants and live entertainment for when you need to sit down!
- Seaworld San Antonio is the largest Seaworld franchise, and its inventory includes whales, dolphins, seals, and sea lions.
What Happens to Décor During Fire Restoration?
San Antonio's attractions often have historic and beautiful décor, including paintings, rugs, and drapes. You may be questioning what happens to your décor during fire restoration. SERVPRO trains its technicians to clean and restore as much as possible. We do not throw away items unless we are entirely sure we cannot salvage them. Some things we can do to help include:
- Wiping down furniture, lampshades, and ornaments.
- Using spot cleaning to deal with soot marks on textiles and upholstery.
- Putting Venetian blinds, toys, and utensils in ultrasonic cleaning tanks.
- Sending clothes and linens to our facility, where we have ESPORTA hydraulic washers.
We also deodorize your belongings and home after fire restoration.
If you need fire restoration, call SERVPRO of Braun Station at (210) 267-2159.
Why Seek Professional Assistance for Mold Remediation in San Antonio
Mold spreads quickly when the conditions are right. Contact SERVPRO to investigate the cause and remediate the damage on your property.
SERVPRO Completes All Mold Remediation Procedures in Properties Safely
Since mold can be associated with health issues, unnecessary contact through touching, inhaling, or swallowing its spores or residues is not ideal. When cleaning mold infested properties, specific procedures must be followed to avoid such contact. Seeking help from professionals presents the best chance of avoiding such exposure.
Performing cleaning and other mold remediation steps in San Antonio properties can disturb settled spores, releasing them into the air, increasing the inhalation chances. When SERVPRO technicians clean up a property affected by mold, we use protective equipment such as respirators to avoid this risk. We also set up containment barriers using plastic sheets, isolating the affected areas from the rest of the house. Other helpful protective gear includes:
- Rubber and latex gloves
- Full bodysuits with hoods
- Eye protection such as goggles or face masks
SERVPRO production trucks are already stocked with most of these protective gear, so our technicians do not have to source them first before using them to clean up your loss site.
SERVPRO of Braun Station uses advanced equipment to handle mold remediation. Call us at (210) 267-2159 whenever you need professional assistance.
What Does A Water Cleanup Exercise Involve?
Call in the professionals for water cleanup, to avoid additional water loss on your property. Our SERVPRO technicians are available 24/7.
Call SERVPRO for Cleanup that Restores your San Antonio Premises to its Pre-loss State
If there has been a water spill at your business premises, various aspects are considered part of the cleanup process, including extracting standing water, drying excess moisture from materials or the air, and cleaning any soiled surfaces.
In most cases, water extraction is a priority step during water cleanup in San Antonio business premises. Leaving water pooling around may worsen deterioration of materials, create hazards such as slick surfaces or lead to mold development. Our SERVPRO technicians expedite extraction using different types of equipment like:
- Light wands
- Portable or truck-mounted extractors
- Weighted water extractors such as Water Claws
Since water causes dyes to run, paint chipping, or even spreads fine dirt around a property, general cleaning is necessary after water intrusion. If the water stagnates, a bad odor might also develop. Our SERVPRO technicians perform the necessary general cleaning of your business place. We use various professional cleaning agents to loosen soils, control microbes or generally deodorize the property.
SERVPRO of Braun Station combines the advantage of years of experience and the use of sophisticated equipment to deliver quality water cleanup services. Call us at (210) 267-2159 to assist.
What Challenges Are Common After Fire Damage Incidents?
The situation can feel quite overwhelming when your property is affected by fire damage. Contact SERVPRO for effective remediation services.
SERVPRO Handles All Issues Caused By Fire Damage in San Antonio Properties
The name San Antonio has a lengtheir history than the city, which was founded in 1718. The area was named on June 13, 1691, the day a Spanish expedition found the river they called Rio San Antonio. The name was also chosen because it was the day of the feast of St. Anthony of Padua. The records of the naming came from Father Damian Massanet and the leader of the expedition, Domingo Teran de Los Rios, who mentioned in their journals about the event.
Although San Antonio has expanded and undergone various changes since its establishment, some of its original neighborhoods remain unchanged. For instance, La Villita is the City's oldest neighborhood tucked away on the southern bank of the San Antonio River Walk. It features past architecture such as Texas Vernacular limestone buildings and Adobe Structures. La Villita is a historic district listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Some of the notable structures in the area include:
- Otto Bombach House, a native limestone structure built from 1847 to 1855
- Jeremiah Dashiell House built in 1962
- Louis Gresser House currently maintained by the San Antonio Conservation Society
Fascinating Things to Do in San Antonio
The Alamo is famous because of the battle that happened at the mission and the crucial role it played in securing Texan independence. An army of 3000 Mexicans attacked the Alamo and killed all the defenders leading to the rallying battle cry "Remember the Alamo!" in future clashes. Visiting the Alamo is a great way to learn why such missions were constructed and get a detailed account of the battle.
- Natural Bridge Caverns & the Canopy Challenge and Zip Lines
The fascinating caves have large open areas and narrow passages in some areas. They are called bridge caverns because, at the entrance, there is a sixty-foot natural limestone slab spanning the amphitheater setting. The span formed after a sinkhole collapsed below it. Apart from the visual appeal, another unique aspect about the caves is that temperatures are constant at 70°F, all year round.
The Pearl is a historical yet trendy district of San Antonio. The immediate attraction in the area is the lovely restored buildings. However, unique shops and eateries in the area offer superb cuisine. During weekends there is a lively Farmers Market that attracts vendors from a 150-mile radius of the city, offering the opportunity to try sauces, fresh produce, baked goods, and other specialties.
How Does SERVPRO Address Common Fire Damage Related Issues?
The main effects of fire, such as deterioration of materials from heat or flame action, are readily apparent. However, some issues might remain hidden, and if you do not exercise proper caution during the renovation, such cases might be overlooked. Some of the typically challenging matters include:
- Invisible residues deposited on surfaces
- Residue penetration in concealed areas such as wall assemblies
- Deep charring of structural supports
When SERVPRO embarks on the restoration process, we do a thorough evaluation to determine the problem's extent. For the soiling-related issues, we use various cleaning approaches, including dry and wet cleaning methods. For structural issues, we evaluate the damage to determine whether removal of the affected material is necessary.
SERVPRO of Braun Station has significant experience dealing with fire damage cases. Call us at (210) 267-2159 to help you restore your San Antonio property.
San Antonio Historical Park Opens for Winter Tours
When you see our Green Fleet around town, you can be assured that we are available and ready to handle your flood damage.
This February, the San Antonio Missions Open for Public Tours
The San Antonio Missions National Historical Park includes a 9-mile stretch of land that contains four of the original structures created by Spanish Settlers. The historical sites are among some of the oldest in the US, dating back to the mid-eighteenth century. Originally used as churches for early settlers, these buildings contain the unique heritage of Portuguese, Spanish, and Texan settlers. San Antonio was the subject of many battles and land grabs during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. These UNESCO world heritage sites are available to tour from February 1st, with guided tours taking roughly two hours and transport between sites taken by car. Visit the San Antonio Historical Society for further updates on renovations and COVID social distancing measures.
- Tour the 9-mile stretch of UNESCO world heritage sites by road and explore the San Jose Mission's biking trails.
- Learn about the lesser-known missions outside of Downtown and the introduction of Christianity to Texas.
- Pickup gifts and souvenirs from the conveniently located gift shops at each mission site.
Unexpected flooding can cause havoc to an indoor environment. To recover your property, contact SERVPRO of Braun Station at (210) 267-2159.
Take a Guided Tour of San Antonio's Stunning Gardens this January
Water damage? SERVPRO has you covered! We can quickly be at your home for all of your restoration needs.
The Japanese Tea Gardens in San Antonio are Open to the Public in the New Year
The Tea Gardens on North Saint Mary’s Street originally opened over one hundred years ago in 1915 by then city parks commissioner Ray Lambert. The former quarry has since become a local landmark, with the most recent renovation in 2007 costing a reported $1.6 million. The registered historic Texan landmark is opening for tours of both the gardens and its unique flora and fauna collection. The parks show cascading waterfalls alongside Koi fishes, but historical tours also inform you of the construction, maintenance, and preservation of this cultural icon. Tours are running from January 24th onward and should be booked in advance. Most guided trips include a visit to the Alamo and the nearby River Walk.
- The Japanese Tea Gardens contains a rare collection of botanical species and fish.
- A large pagoda is situated nearby to the cafe for stopping off to enjoy the scenery.
- You can purchase tickets for the Alamo, Tea Gardens, and River Walk can be purchased online.
It is essential to enlist professional restorers to stop water damage from becoming a permanent issue. Contact SERVPRO of Braun Station at (210) 267-2159.
Fire Debris and Ash Can Cause Damage to your San Antonio Home
SERVPRO loves the history of our town. We are available 24/7 for your fire damage restoration needs.
SERVPRO Assists San Antonio Residents with the Cleanup and Restoration of Property Fires
San Antonio is one of Texas's top ten largest cities, with a burgeoning population of one and a half million residents. The southern locale is situated between Austin and Fort Worth's diverse metropolitan areas but retains its identity as an urban area of San Antonio- New Braunfels. The conglomeration of these three large urban regions is affectionately known as the Texas triangle. The locale has a storied colonial history from its original inception named after Saint Anthony of Padua, a missionary priest in 1691. The city contains a stunning five historical Spanish frontiers and several UNESCO world heritage sites from explorers of the eighteenth century. As a civilian settlement, the city of San Antonio dates to 1731. In the following centuries, the town became a battleground region with power transferring between Spanish and Texian forces several times. The most notable battle was the fall of Texian defenders in the Battle of Alamo. It was not until 1835 that the US decided to annex the region leading to the American- Mexican War.
Today, San Antonio is one of the fastest-growing cities in the southern region of America. The densely populated downtown district is famous for its historic architecture and bustling trade. North Central is home to some of the city's wealtheir inhabitants, while the South Side remains heavily populated by Hispanic residents. Part of San Antonio's growing population is due to the economic opportunities afforded in the local area. The Lady of the Lake University and St. Mary’s University on the West Side of the city provide nationally recognized education to thousands of students each year. At the same time, the diversified economy contributes a lot in terms of opportunity for graduates. San Antonio's leading sectors include healthcare, the military, oil & gas, and a thriving tourist economy. While it is not the most well-known city in Texas, San Antonio is the most significant banking district in the southern state, with Wells Fargo among the numerous Fortune 500 companies that headquarter in the city.
- The Alamo is an important historical site to visit during a stay in San Antonio. Situated on the Alamo Plaza, the Spanish mission frontier was first established in 1718, making the architecture and surrounding grounds over three hundred years old. The site is unique because it has flown the flag of six independent nations, with each one paid equal attention to during the two-hour guided tours of the structure and grounds.
- The San Antonio River Walk is a favorite site to visit on East Commerce Street that runs alongside the Paseo Del Rio waterway. The district pays homage to San Antonio's Hispanic roots, with Mariachi music, cafes, dining restaurants, and cafes lining the streets. The area is typically busy. However, night-boat tours are available with many bars providing live entertainment to the passing foot traffic.
- For a natural heritage site, the Natural Bridge Caverns are an underground rock formation terraformed over several million years. The largest areas stretch beyond the size of a football field. Above ground, the center offers ziplining and a canopy challenge that sits up to sixty feet above the surrounding nature.
Things to do in San Antonio, Texas
- San Antonio plays host to over twenty million tourists each year who come to experience the rich blend of cultural diversity, historical sites, and resorts. There are many things to do in San Antonio with plenty of activities for children, shopaholics, history buffs, and sports fans.
- Among the most famous places to stay is the Hotel Emma situated on Grayson Street. The building itself was originally a 19th-century brewery, which was subsequently converted into a luxury hotel. Hotel Valencia on Houston Street is a more budget-friendly accommodation in the heart of San Antonio's shopping district, while Mokara Spa provides a relaxing city getaway.
- For family fun, the city of San Antonio is packed with kid-friendly activities. The Natural Bridge State Park is a great picnic destination with a zoo on the grounds to entertain kids. There are also several waterparks and theme parks, including SeaWorld, Morgan's Wonderland, and the Six Flags Fiesta theme park.
- The AT&T Center in nearby Bexar County is home to the famous San Antonio basketball team, the San Antonio Spurs, which plays in the NBA. The arena has 18,418 seats for its basketball court, while a separate 16,151 ice hockey arena is in the same center. The local ice hockey team is the Phoenix Suns.
SERVPRO Can Help you Overcome a Housefire in San Antonio with Expert Restoration Procedures
Housefires account for billions of dollars’ worth of property damages every year in the United States. Our team of expert restoration technicians can help mitigate losses in your property and lead a recovery effort that returns your home to its preloss condition. The crucial aspect of conducting fire restoration is to pre-test materials in the house. Smoke can have unique properties which do not respond to all types of cleaning agent or technique. By pre-testing soiling in the home, we can ensure that our restoration causes minimal damage to your home and increases repair efficiency. We work closely with insurance adjusters to produce a timely quote and communicate with you throughout service to minimize inconvenience.
- SERVPRO customer services are available 24/7 to ensure you can arrange a call-out at any time. Technicians live in the local area and have experience dealing with site-specific residential architectures.
- We offer a range of specialty cleaning and restoration services that could help mitigate losses to artwork, electronics, and textiles.
- Our crew chiefs have extensive experience working in residential properties around San Antonio and can arrive on-site within four hours of notification of loss.
If a fire threatens your home or contents, contact SERVPRO of Braun Station at (210) 267-2159.
Texas Storm Damage - Faster remediation for faster results
SERVPRO® of Braun Station was there!
When Hurricane Hanna hit the Texas gulf coast in July of 2020, SERVPRO® of Braun Station was there to help in the recovery. We dispatched crews from our home franchise in San Antonio, TX all the way to the Rio Grand Valley.
We immediately started assessing damages to local resident's homes so we could begin services as soon as humanly possible. This speed is what makes SERVPRO® a leader in storm damage remediation. Not only do we provide expedient service, we perform the work correctly. We value your belongings as if they were our own. We use hundreds of rolls of plastic and tape every year to protect the contents and appliances that you value.
If you find yourself in need of our expertise or services, call 24 hours a day at 210-267-2159 or visit our website at this link: SERVPRO® of Braun Station