SERVPRO of Braun Station responds faster to any flood disaster in San Antonio, TX
When the flood waters rise...so do we.
Last year, many San Antonio residents experienced flood damage and SERVPRO of Braun Station was ready and able to help. As the rainy season approaches we wanted to make sure that the San Antonio community is prepared for any floods that may happen with some tips.
Before the Flood:
Tips from FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) for Preparing Your Home or Business for a Flood.
- Turn off utilities at the main switches or valves if instructed to do so.
- Disconnect electrical appliances.
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water.
- Do not walk through moving water. Even six inches of moving water can make you fall.
During the Flood:
- Listen for news reports to learn if the community’s water supply is safe to drink.
- Avoid fl oodwaters. Water may be contaminated by oil, gasoline or raw sewage. Water may also be electrically charged.
- Stay out of any building if it is surrounded by floodwaters.
- Return home only when authorities indicate it is safe.
After the Flood:
Flooding is still possible. Listen to weather radio, commercial radio, or TV for information.
Know the terms:
Flash flooding is possible. Be prepared to move to higher ground; listen to weather radio, commercial radio, or TV for information.
Flash Flood Watch:
Flooding is occurring or will occur soon; if advised to evacuate, do so immediately.
A flash flood is occurring; seek higher ground on foot immediately.
Ask SERVPRO of Braun Station about setting your business up with an Emergency Response Profile.