Flood Safety in San Antonio
Its officially hurricane season and with that can bring a lot of unexpected rain to San Antonio. While living in San Antonio, we know that often we get quite a bit of flash flood warnings and watches. SERVPRO® of Braun Station wants to help you be prepared if water would ever intrude into your home.
Its unfortunate that we don't have anyway to prevent flood waters from coming into our home but we can help ourselves by knowing what to DO and DON'T DO after flooding.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
More information is provided by American Red Cross
SERVPRO® of Braun Station is here to help!
Call us 24/7 - 210-267-2159