Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage Tips from SERVPRO of Braun Station
We know how stressful a water damage event can be in your San Antonio home or business. We want you to know that as a locally owned and operated company, we know all about San Antonio water damages. We are here to help day or night at (210) 267-2159. While you wait for our arrival, there are a few things you can do as outlined in the tips below. However, your focus should always be on safety first, so if it doesn't seem safe, just know that we will arrive quickly to help clean up your water emergency. You can trust that you're in good hands with SERVPRO of Braun Station.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (210) 267-2159
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.