Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Once our professionally trained crew members have inspected your home or building and accessed the damages, we will then begin the very important step of water extraction. This step involves removing any standing water that is in your San Antonio home or office. In order to accomplish this, SERVPRO of Braun Station has powerful extractor pumps and a truck-mounted vacuum unit that allows us to remove water by the thousands of gallons incredibly quickly. This extraction process is key to the overall dry-out procedures. It is especially important to remove as much water as possible in carpeted areas. This results in a quicker drying process.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Braun Station can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.