Why Homeowners Need a Mold Remediation Company with Realistic Expectations
San Antonio Residents Need Good, Honest Mold Remediation
We live in a world of big promises and over-hyped marketing messages in San Antonio and all across the country. The wealth of information out there about any and every topic can be overwhelming.
When you require mold remediation in your San Antonio home, you need a company that makes and keeps its promises. You also want realistic expectations of what can happen and the likely outcome.
What is the difference between mold removal and mold remediation?
Some mold remediation companies advertise "mold removal." However, complete mold removal is not possible. The fungi occur naturally throughout nature, and the spores are microscopic, so you cannot see them. The tiny spores can bloom and develop into a mold colony as they have a food source, moisture, oxygen, and the correct temperature. Mold can grow in many places both indoors and outdoors, including:
- On trees and plants
- On spoiled food such as cheese or vegetables
- On multiple materials throughout your home, including wood, wallpaper, drywall, and carpets
Mold forms colonies known as mycelium. Mycelium is a cluster of hair-like cells called hyphae. Each mycelium can release new mold spores, which drift throughout your home, looking for other places to grow. If they find a new site that meets all the criteria, they can start a new colony.
Because the spores are naturally occurring and so small that they can travel on the air or clothes or pet fur, it is impossible to stop mold from coming back. However, we can take steps to make your home less hospitable to fungus and reduce the risk of a recurrence.
What can SERVPRO do to reduce the risk of reinfestations?
Although no one can prevent mold from coming back, there are actions we can do to reduce the risk of a return visit:
- Thoroughly drying the area. Mold loves moisture, so we dry out the walls, baseboards, ceiling, upholstery, and furniture. This is a quick way to prevent it from regrowing.
- Lowering the humidity. We can use dehumidifiers to reduce the air's humidity, so there is less moisture available for fungal growth.
- Using antimicrobial treatments on hard surfaces to kill fungus and prevent regrowth for up to four weeks.
- Setting up containment and using a negative air machine to prevent air flowing out of the affected area, thus making it harder for spores to move throughout your home.
What about black mold?
If you look up anything about mold online, you are sure to find lots of horrifying information about black mold. Here at SERVPRO, we do not believe in fear-mongering. Stachybotrys chartarum is the fungus most commonly referred to as black mold, and although mold can cause health effects, please do not panic if you see it in your home. It is a common mold, and remediation works as well for Stachybotrys as it does for every other kind of mold species.
The important thing is to call SERVPRO of Braun Station as soon as you see or smell mold in your home. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster, and the quicker we can begin remediation, the less risk of the spores spreading.
What makes SERVPRO the right choice?
If you need mold remediation you can rely on, choose SERVPRO because:
- We invest in training our technicians and provide ongoing e-learning opportunities to keep them up to speed with the latest industry standards and processes
- We do not make unrealistic promises about total mold removal
- We carry out mold inspection using scientific instruments for accurate data readings
- We are a locally owned Franchise that cares about our community, with access to national resources to give you the very best in mold remediation
How can you know what to expect during remediation?
We keep you in the loop at all times – we do not do anything without your permission. If we need to set up containment, switch off your HVAC, or remove items from a room, you are informed of the necessary actions. We ensure you agree with our cleaning plan before we begin, and we conduct a walkthrough with you at the end of remediation. We also check in with you a week later to tackle any further concerns, should they arise.
What will your home look like after mold remediation?
We aim to leave your home looking "Like it never even happened." After we deal with the mold infestation, we can partner with additional contractors to build back or re-decorating if necessary. We also bring in air scrubbers and carbon filters to deodorize your home and get rid of the moldy smell.
If you need a mold remediation company you can rely on, call SERVPRO of Braun Station at (210) 267-2159.