San Antonio Make This Fall Fire Free
The fall season brings cooler temperatures, beautiful colors and an abundance of outdoor activities. Plan ahead this season to help ensure it is safe and fire free.
· Fall decorations, like dried flowers and cornstalks, are highly flammable. Keep these and other decorations away from open flames and heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.
· Keep emergency extis clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes.
· Teach children to stay away from open flames. Be sure they know how to stop, drop and roll if their clothing catches fire.
· Remember safety first when choosing a Halloween costumes. Consider avoiding billowing fabric. If you are making your costume, choose material that won’t easily ignite if it comes into contact with heat or a flame.
· It is safest to use a flashlight or battery-operated candle in a jack-o-lantern. Use extreme caution if using a real candle. Place lit pumpkins away from anything that can burn, and out of the way of doorsteps, walkways and yards.
For more fall fire facts head over to www.nfpa.org
SERVPRO of Braun Station is always ready to help if fire or water damage happen. San Antonio we are your locally owned and operated franchise.